Every now and then I post a "RealCrappy" post. In it, I show pictures of badly done pages--you know--those ugly pages you did in the 90's that just crack you up now--or maybe just make you cry. Or I might discuss old dated techniques or tools. Please--if you have any you'd like to submit, please send a photo or a scanned copy of your page to email@example.com.
Scanning 12x12 Pages
Holy crap! I just discovered this AWESOME feature in Photoshop, and it's totally changed my world. It's a way to scan your 12x12 pages and then pull them all into one photo with VERY little effort. This feature was added to CS3 and up, and I understand it's available in Elements but I'm not sure which version. If you want to send me a 12x12, here are the steps to follow:
1. Scan each side of your 12x12. I actually scan it four times to get all four corners.
2. Open each scanned page and make sure they are all right side up.
3. Save each picture as something more unique. I usually give them the same name with a number.
4. In Photoshop, go to File, Automate, Photomerge.
5. Click on Browse
6. Upload the 2 (or 4) photos that you scanned and saved.
7. Choose collage.
8. Wait. Watch the magic.
9. Now it's all one photo! Click CTRL + E to merge them all together.
10. Use crop to crop it to the size you want and to get rid of any unwanted edges.
11. Save as a jpg. You may want to resize it--it will be pretty big.
Wahoo! Love this new feature!