Binge Scrapping and a New Publisher

Well, I think that last entry was the therapy I needed. Somehow, writing it out made me kick myself in the pants and get started again! I did some more research on publishers, and I think I found one! I will be publishing my 2013 book through MyPicTales. I downloaded their editor, and really liked it. At first, it took huge margins just like I feared. But then, I just uploaded it different. I create all my pages as 11x17 pages, then slice them in half. With this site, I can upload one 11x17 image and a double page layout, and it fits great! Here's a photo of what it looks like with a page uploaded in their editor.
The main complaint I heard about MyPicTales is that its not so suited for people who want to use the editor to do their scrapbooking--it doesn't have a lot of backgrounds and stuff. Not a problem for me! I use Photoshop to do it, so all I need is a place I can upload full bleed pages. Anyway, I hope they turn out as good as they sound!

I have done some research online and found good reviews about their quality, and their prices are great. I think my book will be a lot less expensive with them that it was with Cherishbound. My books are usually about 100 pages long. For an 8 1/2 x 11 hard cover book with a custom photo cover, it's $45.00 for 20 pages and $1 for each additional page. That will cost $125.00. I paid about $140 at Cherishbound, and that was with a discount. MyPicTales also has a discount for your first book. So I'm feeling pretty good! I can actually get this thing published!

So here's what I've been up to--since my last post, I have completed TWELVE 2-page layouts! Wahoo! I am now working on October of 2013, so I'm almost done! Here are a few of the layouts I did--I especially like how the Comic Con ones turned out!







 

1 comment:

  1. These are so much fun, Megan! I really love your Sisters trip layout! I think my sisters and I should do that! Our Mom is 102, so not sure if she'd be up to travel, but we could go! I love Southern Utah- that would be so fun!
    ComicCon is so fun- I went to the San Diego one a few years ago and scrapped about it- your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete