- Every family photo from 2006-2011.
- Every digital scrapbooking layout for all three of my books. The baby books for the twins were almost done.
- All my digital scrapbooking supplies
- All my family videos from March until now that I was just getting ready to put on DVD.
- Other stuff I can't think of now but will no doubt realize later is indispensible.
But I thought I would post this experience here as a lesson learned for me and as a prevention for you. Most of you are probably thinking, "You didn't have any BACKUP? Are you CRAZY?" And the answer is: yes I am. I guess I have that "It won't happen to me mentality" which is so stupid because I've had THREE external hard drives die in the past.
So what do I do now? Well, I think I will invest in an INTERNAL hard drive--I got one at work and its so great. But I think I will also invest in Carbonite and start backing everything up online. Its a small price to pay to not go through this again! The main reason I haven't backed stuff up is that I had no space. That's the reason it was all on my external hard drive in the first place. But now I know--make hard copy DVD's. Backup online. Thank goodness I backed up some of it at work. I write this to remind myself--it CAN happen, and be prepared!
And then--we get up this morning and realize we left the garage door open all night. We are so bad about that, but usually one of my awesome helpful neighbors will call us and remind us. This time, no one did (not that it's THEIR fault!) and this morning Trevor's bike was stolen. Yes, it CAN happen to you! Grrr!