Why was I not INSPIRED to SAVE those negatives, too? In fact, I saw this and was tempted to peel it apart to see what valuable, long chopped up picture could be salvaged!
You know, sometimes I feel really gyped by that good ol' Creative Memories company. They tried to warn us about so many things...
- You must use ACID FREE paper! If you don't, everything will fade!
- You must use ACID FREE glue! If you don't, everything will fade!
- You must use OUR BOOKS! If you don't, your pages will fall out!
- You must do 12 x 12 pages! If you don't--you suck!
- You must scrapbook ALL your pictures! If you don't, you'll regret it!
- BUY OUR CUTTERS! BUY OUR PAPERS! BUY OUR BAGS!
Ah, but it's not all their fault. I should have known better. In fact, for years, I DID keep my negatives. Despite everyone assuring me that my pages were "so cute" and "you are so creative" and "I wish I were as good as you!" I knew deep down that one day I was gonna regret this. Unfortunately, I also have a de-cluttering gene I inherited from my mother. Every now and then I'll get a wild hair to just clean something OUT. Get rid of it. Very cleansing. Most the time I don't miss it. But apparently, one day my old negatives fell on the chopping block.
I looked for them the other day, but no such luck. I found some--the ones from 2001, but nothing before that. Such a bummer. Such a waste.
Thanks a lot Creative Memories...